Welcome back! We are so excited to start seeing our amazing patients again! As we begin to schedule new appointments, we want to let you know about the changes we’ve made and how your appointments will be structured for the foreseeable future.
Your safety and the safety of our team are our number one priorities. With the new protocols we have put in place, we know we can continue to provide the service you have grown to love at Gorrell Smiles.
Is It Safe to Go Back to the Dentist?
Our commitment to your safety has always been an important part of our practice. If you wonder if it is safe to return to the dental office, we want to reassure you that our dental office cleanliness and sanitation have always exceeded the required standards to prevent the spread of any illness. The additional measures we are putting in place with the “COVID-19 Safety Plan” will further improve patient and staff safety.
Gorrell Smiles COVID-19 Safety Plan
Strict Infection Control Adherence
Our dental office has always followed strict infection control guidelines that prevent the transmission of any virus to our patients or staff. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic and in an abundance of caution, we have put together a multi-faceted safety plan. This plan increases the frequency and thoroughness of our sanitizing procedures and ensures adherence to all safety procedures recommended by the Center for Disease Control, the American Dental Association, and OSHA.
Our COVID-19 safety plan began with updated staff training and review of existing universal precaution protocols, disease transmission, hand-washing techniques, appropriate use of new PPE, and enhanced disinfection protocols.
We have also monitored the health of our staff and their loved ones continuously since the outbreak. We are pleased to report that all of our staff members are symptom-free, and none have tested positive for COVID-19, and to the best of their knowledge, have not been exposed to any COVID-19 positive individuals.
New Appointment Protocols
A crucial part of our safety plan involves changes we are making to reduce the number of patients in our reception area at any one time. We understand these are significant changes to your usual visit with us. Still, we believe these steps are necessary at this moment to ensure your safety as well as the safety of other patients.
Thank you for your understanding, patience, and cooperation with these steps.
- Please complete the REQUIRED “Pre-Appointment Questionnaire” before your visit using the following link: Complete Questionnaire.
- When you arrive, please stay in your car and let us know you have arrived via text or call to 360-794-5788.
- Please leave any companion at home or in the car during the duration of the appointment.
- Please wear a mask or face covering before entering the office.
- We will be taking your temperature before entry using a non-contact thermometer.
The following list includes the multiple additional steps we have implemented as part of our “COVID-19 Safety Plan” to ensure the safety of our patients:
- REQUIRED pre-treatment screening by phone
- Patient temperature will be taken before entry
- Ongoing employee health screening, ensuring our staff are healthy when treating you
- Use of hydrogen peroxide/chlorhexidine oral rinses prior to evaluation
- Extended appointment times to ensure adequate social distancing of all patients
- Use of medical grade HEPA-13 air filtration, continuously in treatment rooms and common areas
- Use of N95 respirators or ASTM level III masks combined with polycarbonate face shields
- Use of PPE gowns, hair covers, and shoe covers in addition to above by all staff
- Disinfection of all critical care touchpoints regularly throughout the day in the circle of care
- Providing single-use gloves to patients at entry and exit points to the office (if needed)
- Providing patients with masks upon entry to the office (if needed)
- Posting of signs showing appropriate cough etiquette
- Taping of the office to show appropriate social distancing requirements
- Use of specially designed High Volume Evacuation Equipment to reduce aerosol spread in the treatment room environment.
- Daily fogging of office with a potent, non-toxic, natural disinfectant effective against all viruses (hypochlorous acid - HOCL)