Clear Aligners with Invisalign or Sure Smile
Do you wish your teeth were a little straighter? Do uneven gaps and spaces between your teeth make you feel self-conscious? Did you have braces as a child but your teeth have since relapsed?
If you want to straighten your smile but don’t want metal brackets and wires on your teeth, Invisalign clear braces at Gorrell Smiles are a solution you should consider.
Reasons to Choose Clear Aligners
Metal braces straighten your teeth, and so do clear aligners. The difference is in how they go about it, and the treatment approach with clear aligners is perfect for busy adults.
Clear aligners straightens teeth using crystal-clear plastic aligners instead of brackets and wires. Patients at our Mountain View, CA dental office appreciate all the benefits that clear aligners offers:
- Convenient – Clear aligners slip over your teeth similar to a mouth guard, so you can remove them for meals and to brush and floss.
- Comfortable – With no brackets and wires to poke into delicate mouth tissue, you won’t experience the irritation that’s common with metal braces.
- Efficient – As an adult, the last thing you want is years of orthodontic treatment. Invisalign clear braces can straighten your smile in as little as 12 months.
Just like traditional metal braces, clear aligners can solve most alignment issues you might face:
- Gaps between teeth
Clear Aligners Treatment in Three Steps
Considering the dramatic improvements clear aligners can provide, the process is straightforward and can be broken down into three steps.
- Planning your treatment – During the first step, our dentists take digital scans and specialized software generate a 3-D model of your teeth. We use these digital models to plan out the movement of your teeth during treatment. When your treatment plan is in place, we send it to a lab that prepares your customized aligners trays.
- Getting your aligners – Based on our treatment plan, you will receive several sets of clear aligners. We’ll instruct you to wear each set for at least 22 hours a day for two weeks. The number of sets you will receive varies, but most patients require 20 to 30 sets.
- Wearing your aligners – Commit to wearing your aligners daily for the prescribed 22 hours and remove them only for meals and oral hygiene. Every two weeks when you switch to a new set of aligners, you’ll notice that they feel very snug at first. This tells you that your teeth are moving gradually into the desired position.
You finish treatment when you've worn your last set of aligners and we’ve achieved the desired results. To maintain the new position of your teeth, you must wear your retainer as recommended. Doing so will maintain the beautiful results you’ve worked so hard to achieve.
Are Clear Aligners Right for You?
Our active patients appreciate the convenience of the clear aligner treatment, and we think you will too. Please call Gorrell Smiles to make an free consultation with one of our dentists to see if Invisalign in Mountain View, CA is the appropriate choice for you.