J. Brent Gorrell, DDS
Born in California, Dr. Gorrell was raised in the metropolitan Chicago area – moving to the Midwest when he was in junior high school. He attended the University of Iowa on a swimming scholarship for his undergraduate studies. In 1979, he received his Doctor in Dental Surgery from Northwestern University’s Dental School, at which point he decided he’d had enough of Chicago winters.
Later that year, cosmetic dentist J. Brent Gorrell D.D.S. established his Mountain View, California practice serving Palo Alto and Sunnyvale. Since then he has remained committed to staying at the cutting-edge of the ever-changing field of dentistry. He fancies himself as a "continuing education junkie," as he’s addicted to continuing education (CE) courses. Dr. Gorrell has remained dedicated to being one of Northern California’s finest cosmetic dentists.
Dr. Gorrell has also been active in several esteemed organizations including the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (member since 1996), the L.D. Pankey Institute, and the Academy of General Dentistry (in which he has earned his mastership). Dr. Gorrell is also a member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, the American Academy of Craniofacial Pain, and the International Association for Orthodontics. He's also an associate instructor for the Northern California Institute of Cosmetic Dentistry.
In his spare time, Dr. Gorrell enjoys spending time with his wife and three children. His interests include outdoor sports, including mountain biking, scuba diving, swimming, and skiing, as well as reading, and fine dining.
Dr. Gorrell’s Educational Background:
- Bachelor of Science – University of Iowa – 1975
- Doctor in Dental Surgery – Northwestern University – 1979
- Continuing Education: Five continuum weeks at the L.D. Pankey Institute
Dr. Gorrell’s Societies and Affiliations
- Fellow and Master of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Member of the International Association for Orthodontics
- Member of the American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- Member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Alumni of the L. D. Pankey Institute
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of the California Dental Association
- Member if the Mid-Peninsula Dental Association